I'll describe what I have done in the past few weeks working backwards :)
Past week I have been working on creating a "smarter" AI for the monsters. Currently they are randomly selecting one of the available movement direction. Even if a player is right next to the monster there is a good chance it will walk away from the player instead of attacking. So I worked on creating an AI that will start chasing and attacking the player once the player enters a specific area around the monster. If the player runs away form the monster, aka moves out of the chasing area, the monster will stop chasing the player. In the begging of this week I modified the UI code such that it works on all screen resolutions. The UI code was mode with a static UI so depending what your screen resolution it would render differently, so I made it consistent by using screen percentages.
A week before that I added a mini-map by putting another camera that follows the player, but looks at the player from top down. Added a place holder for the player health. Added a basic AI that allowed the monsters to walk around one square at the time and occasionally attack the player. The AI was straight forward but I need to make sure that all the monsters get to move and get animated. The basic AI was described previously in the blog. Because of AI the game now also has the devision of player and monster turns.
A week before simplified some of the existing code and did bug testing. Made the monsters smaller, so they fit one square simplifying the code for now. Made it possible for the player to kill a monster in one hit. The player was hitting for such a high number that all monsters would die in one hit. Changed the code that was changing the highlighting of the tiles, made sure that the the tiles don't get modified all the time.
A week before that, Added the code for player movement. Hocked up the animations to the player. Made sure the movement is reflected correctly both in UI (player model moving to the correct location visually) and movement was correctly tracked on the board that keeps track of all the tiles on the board an their population. Also fixed the bug with wrong addresses being considered valid.
This is a quick summary of the major changes in the past few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment