Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Final(Finally There)

Fortunately and unfortunately our journey has  come to end .Fortunately , because it was a big pleasure taking this courses,  prior to which I  had zero background on game development. Unfortunately, because the class has come to end , which means no funny Tuesdays , testing your game with teammates and with other people anymore. Throughout the course I learned an important things of game development , which is not only about writing game , but also working in a team , setting goal  and achieving  your targets  slowly but surely. Worth noting that my skills on making a game got improved as well. Constant searching for various solution of problems, associated with Unity (game platform on which our game was based on) and C# language helped me to gain huge amount of knowledge in these fields. Now lets shortly go through this 2 month journey and talk what I managed to finishing , what I tried and what I failed on. This , are mostly things that I did not talk in my previous blogs and also final paragraph includes what I did in the final week.

First two weeks were mostly spend on learning Unity and C# language itself and gathering with team and making plans of the project. A  few enhancement on Ui were added  to the game 2d Roguelike  such as making enemies to look in 3d format and attempt made on improving ui on health ended up with epic fail.

Further weeks, some times were  working on AI of player.  At first we considered using A* algorithm  using which enemies would be able to catch a player.  A* algorithm required  three classes  such as Priority Queue , Node class and GridManager. The node class would have handled each tile object in our Grid,representing the maps. A priority Queue class was meant for handling of the nodes,arrayList easier.A Grid Manager was used to manage all the properties of the grid representing the map. Finally , the main class Astar was created that would utilize previously mentioned classes.

Skipping weeks in between , I would finally move to what I worked on for the last week. The inventory class, was created , the player would have items that he could consume and  pick up from the floor. The inventory class would toggle with button I , that is every time user  would click it , it would appear. Inventory class had three buttons, which would classify items according to usability, weapon and all items together. Now the only problem we encountered was connecting it with health bar and other UI buttons of the player.Since ,the inventory was a day before presentation , we did not wanna take a risk of crashing game. So for the final presentation Inventory  of player would possibly be absent.

No comments:

Post a Comment